I have visited almost 100 countries around the world, and have lived in 8, but there is something about Morocco that keeps pulling me back.
Usually, I am able to articulate my love for a place in words, and I have tried to do that with Morocco, but never seem to be able to express in words just how much I love this place.
Whether you enjoy trekking and hiking majestic mountains, the romance of sleeping underneath the stars in the Sahara, the rich history and culture of ancient cities, stunning architecture and exquisite handwork of kasbahs and intricate tiles, surfing and water sports, or shopping for treasures as you wander through the endless alleys of exciting souks and medinas, there is so much to do, see and love in Morocco.
I simply cannot coherently write about the many reasons I am completely, totally in love with this place.
Since “a picture is worth a 1,000 words”, I decided to simply create a special gallery of my many trips around Marrakech, Casablanca, Fez, the Sahara, and all over this amazing country.
It’s difficult to choose my favorite places to visit in Morocco. I love Marrakech for the cosmopolitan vibe, the trendy shops and cafes, and the incredible market and souks in Djemma al Fna. Essaouira and Tagazhout are lovely for beachgoers, surfers, and artists. And Chefchouen is the most beautiful city where almost everything is a special shade of blue; the houses, streets, alleys; almost everything is gorgeous and all a different hue of my favorite color. Click here to read more about why you should visit this city that most Instagram influencers have at the top of their lists of “must visit” cities in the world.
Perhaps as you see the immense joy on my face, you will understand why this is one of the few countries that has seduced me, calling me back over and over and over again.
Have you ever been to Morocco? Which cities are your favorites? Please leave a comment below!
For the best accommodations, and more tips & tricks when traveling to Morocco, check out these popular articles below:
- FAQ; Accommodations in Morocco
- 15 Reasons You Should Visit Morocco When the Pandemic Ends
- The Ultimate Sahara Luxury Tour
- Best Travel Gifts & Gear
- What to Look for When Choosing a Guide
- How Solo Female Travelers Can Avoid Romance Scams
- Moroccan Photo Gallery
- Sexy Suitcases for Savvy Travelistas
- My Favorite Sites for Cheap Flights
- Why Women Love Moroccans
- Morocco and Me; the Magic & Mystery of this Magnificent Country
- Morocco Destination Guides
- Romantic Riads in Essaouira
- Hot Air Balloon Rides in Marrakech
- Gallery Moroccan Men
- Best Budget Romantic Riads in Marrakech
- What NOT to Wear During Ramadan
- Morocco’s Festival of Roses
- 13 Things to Know Before You Go to Ouzud
- Most Romantic Riad for a Morocco Getaway
This article was written by April Hope.
To learn more about her and her travels throughout Morocco and around the world, click here.