Rarely do you read about food or see recipes here. This website is about romance and travel.
But once in a while, I taste something so delicious and delectable that I can’t wait to share it with you so that you can get a tiny taste of what delightful surprises are in store for you if you’re planning a visit, and maybe give you some ideas for a fun, sexy date where you and your lover can prepare an exotic dish together, or even make it at the same time during a Facetime video date.
Of course, now is not the time to travel. During this pandemic the world is dealing with, it’s responsible for each of us to stay home in order for us to heal.
Some of you may be quarantined with your lover and by now you’re probably eager to try something new. If you’re apart, you already know conversations can sometimes be a bit boring when you’re both stuck at home, so planning a fun activity to do together can boredom.
If you’re alone, that can be a bit more frustrating, especially if you’re addicted to travel as I am. It’s not easy finding ways to stay healthy (physically and mentally) while stuck at home.
But while we are helping ourselves and others to stay safe by staying inside how do we satisfy our craving for travel?
For those of us who long to escape and explore, to visit new places to conquer new mountains, dance to new music, and taste new foods, perhaps we can quench a bit of our travel lust from home.
Half of the fun that comes with visiting new places is enjoying the cuisine. Whether a new country is filled with different types of meats, produce, or spices we’ve never tried, it’s exciting to sample delicious dishes we’ve never had before.
Until you’re able to plan your next visit to this amazing country where you can take cooking classes to learn how to cook couscous, or to spend the entire day simmering fresh vegetables and meats called “tagine”, for now, you can prepare a simple yet unbelievably yummy drink that will transport your imagination on a flying carpet to the souks and medinas and romantic Arabian Nights of this exotic place.
Surprisingly, this Moroccan milkshake is made from just a few simple ingredients. Feel free to switch, add or delete anything on this list to make your own special taste of Morocco.
This popular Moroccan milkshake is made from dates and almonds; both ingredients known for their aphridisiac and sensual powers to stimulate more than your taste buds.
Feel free to substitute regular milk for almond or soy, add avocado, rose water, or other ingredients to see which combinations are most appealing for you and your lover.
Enjoy this date drink on your real life, or virtual date!
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1-2 cups of milk (or almond or soy milk)
- 10 pitted, soaked dates
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- One pinch ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of almonds or walnuts
- 1 avocado (optional)
- A few drops of rosewater (optional)
1. Pour half a cup of water into a blender or food processor, add soaked almonds and dates then process at the highest speed.
2. Add the milk and blend on the highest speed. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend.
3. Add ice cubes and process until the ice is crushed and the milkshake is frothy.
Pour into glasses and serve immediately. Mix the ingredients to find your favorite.
Enjoy your taste of Morocco! And to read about why you should plan your next trip to Morocco after the pandemic ends, click here.
Let us know if you try this recipe, or if you have any special, romantic recipes, or know of any aphrodisiac dishes?
For the best accommodations, and more tips & tricks when traveling to Morocco, check out these popular articles below:
- FAQ; Accommodations in Morocco
- 15 Reasons You Should Visit Morocco When the Pandemic Ends
- The Ultimate Sahara Luxury Tour
- Best Travel Gifts & Gear
- What to Look for When Choosing a Guide
- How Solo Female Travelers Can Avoid Romance Scams
- Moroccan Photo Gallery
- Sexy Suitcases for Savvy Travelistas
- My Favorite Sites for Cheap Flights
- Why Women Love Moroccans
- Morocco and Me; the Magic & Mystery of this Magnificent Country
- Morocco Destination Guides
- Romantic Riads in Essaouira
- Hot Air Balloon Rides in Marrakech
- Gallery Moroccan Men
- Best Budget Romantic Riads in Marrakech
- What NOT to Wear During Ramadan
- Morocco’s Festival of Roses
- 13 Things to Know Before You Go to Ouzud
- Most Romantic Riad for a Morocco Getaway
This article was written by April Hope.
To learn more about her and her travels throughout Morocco and around the world, click here.